Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My poor swap pal

I just received an email from my Sockamaniac sock swap pal. The poor dear is suffering through the horrible windy weather in England. She has had power outages and is not able to get on the internet as much. It is also delaying all of the mail, of course. I hope the worst of it is over soon. And that my swap package arrives safely to her. As they say in SC, "Bless her heart...."

I am almost ready to turn the heel on my Sockentine's second sock. This is great. I could be one month closer to accomplishing my goal of finishing a pair of socks every month this year. I think next I may have to cast on some STR, to give my carpal tunnel syndrome a rest from working with inelastic yarns on purly-rific patterns (at the dpn joins). I need something easier on my hands. I *do* stop to do some hand and arm stretches to ease the pain, but it is still hard.

Well, I better get going. Today I volunteer at my organic produce coop to sort the bags of shares for the members, so that takes up my whole afternoon.

No comments: