Monday, January 01, 2007

Merry New Year!!!!

I'm baaaaaack!

My DH and I really enjoyed being away for a few days. And it is nice that he had about a week off, because now he is actually rested and motivated to clean up some things around the house! Yeeeeee! (That is a squeal of excitement.) We spend Dec 30th and 31st purging closets and drawers of even more items to donate to Goodwill. I do donate all year long, but the whole year end thing was a real incentive for him to do more on his part. Nothing like reducing clutter to make one feel happier.

It has been very rainy the last few days, so I finally took some pictures this morning since I finally had some decent sunlight!

I finished the Bob's Meadowlark Socks. Here is a picture.


I received the Sundara Yarn Sock Club package! Oooh...is it gorgeous. The inspiration this time was the Lenten Rose. I will probably have to put off starting these until I finish my Sockentine socks....

For my Sockentine, I have started on the Knitty Monkey Pattern. Unfortunately, I started to get ladders since the Lisa Souza yarn is not very elastic and the stitches at the needles joins are purl stitches (there is only so tight you can pull those). So I had to frog back to the cuff and will try again, maybe tonight.

In the meantime, I started on my Fleece Artist Ribbed Jacket (now sold under a different name, Lady of the Lake, and now using a different yarn in that kit). Yet again, the pattern instructions leave something to be desired. After having knitted several Fleece Artist samples for my friend's store, I can honestly say that Fleece Artist needs to work on their pattern proofreading. It is a shame, as their yarns are so beautiful. I would hate to see new knitters get so turned off if they try knitting one of the Fleece Artist patterns on their own.

Anyway, you can see the Fleece Artist Colors are gorgeous. Royal Blue, powder blue, periwinkle, khaki, forest green, and some mustard. Soooo pretty. I can't wait to wear it when it is done.

Oooh! I almost forgot. I went back to Why Knot Knit in Atlanta. I purchased this gorgeous Great Adirondack Yarn Co. Soxie Yarn. Unfortunately, they had received the shipment about a week earlier than my visit. By the time I went there, I only had 5 colors left to choose from. But honestly, those 5 colorways were so gorgeous, I was definitely not left out in the cold. So check it out for yourself.

I think I will post my knitting resolutions later this week. This is enough for one post! :)

No comments: