Thursday, December 14, 2006

Power of the Z-pack

So I went to my new doctor today and she prescribed the Z-Pack o' lovely horsepill antibiotics. But if you have never taken these before, believe me they are worth it because it kills just about any infection you could have. She was amazed that I had been sick for 3 weeks and agreed that now that I have the cough and a bit of a sore throat, it is time to try some antibiotics. So lets all hope that the pills kill the germs and I can get on with things. Otherwise, they may not know what to do with me.



Tuesday morning I finished my mommy's Christmas present. Yes, I am 33 and am not too ashamed to say "mommy." :) Here it is:

Mohair Boucle Scarf
Pattern: My own (CO 24 stitches, K2P2 until desired length)
Yarn: Kid Mohair Boucle in "Lily Pond" Colorway ( Sport Wt, 250 Yards, One Skein)
Source: Koenig Farm & Spinnery, www.koenigfarm.com
Needle: Size 10 1/2 Clover Bamboo 24" Circs



I snapped the picture yesterday, and it is already in the mail on its way to Alaska. Now I need to finish the baby blanket. I have maybe 4 inches left on it to finish. Then weaving in everything.



I think I am going to go lay down now with a cup of tea. Time to dig out that new box of Organic Passion Plum that I love so much. It tastes like blueberries, plums and cinnamon to me. Maybe if I get perky later in the week I will share my reviews of some cookie and cupcake recipes.

Oh, I almost forgot...in response to the questions in the comments:
  • Yes, I have tried Chicken Soup, and regrettably, it is just not enough. I think I have been living mostly on soup these last few weeks. :)
  • The Guild Xmas Party was fun. The food was catered the same as last year, so it was delicious. But, I missed the gift exchange. I would have still donated money and knitted gear to charity AND done the gift exchange. Oh well.

Also, I have requested to join Sockentine's exchange on the Knitting Help forum. Hopefully I will be accepted and maybe I can get around to knitting some lovely beaded socks or something for that.

1 comment:

Katy said...

*hugs* I hope you're feeling better soon!

Your mom's gift turned beautifully :)