Monday, December 04, 2006

Go UF! and Atlanta Yarn Shop Reviews

We have returned victorious from Atlanta! The Gators won (by some lucky plays) against Arkansas. I swear that the special teams and defense constantly bail out the Gators this season. But I am no football expert so I will just stop there. My DH is ecstatic that they have made the National Championship.

I stopped by 3 knitting stores in Atlanta. I had to limit the visits because we did not get going on this part of the trip until noon on Sunday. Bless all of those that are open on Sundays!

Why Knot Knit - A yarn shop in Buckhead. They were fairly friendly, and had a good selection of Cascade 220, Manos Del Urguay, Mission Falls, Mountain Colors, Debble Bliss and other yarns. Check out there website for a complete list. Very beautiful shop. I will keep them in mind the next time I am in the area and finally get around to purchasing some Manos for a Knitty pattern.

Knitch - A new store near Druid Hills. Okay, this store has an amazing selection of Cascade 220 in oodles of colors. It also has alot of high quality yarns and some local or artisan yarns. The clientele and staff were very nice. They even serve a special coffee blend created for their store. Plenty of room to sit and knit. I will go back. I purchased some Claudia Hand Painted Sock Yarn in the Santa Fe Colorway.



Nease's Needlework - They were closed, so I did not get to go in.

No comments: