Friday, December 22, 2006

Baby Blanket Pattern Update and Recipe Review

I made these Veda's Red Velvet Cupcakes for my Supper Club Cookie Exchange. I have a few pointers on these to make them better:


  • They tend to be on the oily side, so use aluminum foil cupcake cups.

  • Cook for less time, like 5 minutes less.

  • Fill cups till they are about a 1/2 inch to the edge of the cup.
  • Be sure that the baking soda and vinegar begin to react (alot of surface contact) and then gently fold it into the batter. This is to make the cupcakes lighter and fluffier.

  • Sprinkle top with crushed candy canes or other holiday sprinkles.

Oh crud. I think I may have discovered, on this rainy day, that our bathroom window is leaking. Please, everyone pray with me that it is not leaking. I do not need this right before Xmas, and days of rain in the forecast. You KNOW the builder is not going to send anyone out here to fix it.


Here is a pic of the progress on the Bob's Meadowlark Socks. Sorry the pic is so dark. Rainy day and sucky flash I guess.

The baby blanket pattern: I am trying to get it turned into a .pdf file. So it is done, just trying to get DH to convert it for me. :)

If I don't post again before the holiday, Merry Christmas!

No comments: