Sorry, I did not know before now to post this to my blog by the end of February. So here it is!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love merino wool of any kind. I do not like acrylic, unless it is in a blend with a natural fiber.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Needle roll, jars/vases.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for four years. I learned mostly from books. I consider myself to be an intermediate level knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes. But it is not up to date. :P I do have a knitting wishlist on my blog too.
5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla, Lavender, watermelon.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, but not horribly. I love chocolate, raspberry flavored things, peanut butter, and hot tamales.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I quilt, applique and bead. I haven't learned to spin yet but want to.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. I have an ipod and can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is green. I can't wear yellow, and I am not huge into pink unless it is used with other colors as contrast.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets, trying to start a family.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? It is warm here, so I mostly wear scarves, an occasional beanie hat, fingerless mitts.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, shawls, sweaters.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, Clapotis, Lizard Ridge, and a sweater.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular, bamboo or high quality metal.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Umm, 18 months I think.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. I love seeing the little kids have fun.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Bear stuff, and Felix the Cat stuff (but not actively..don't go broke trying to find Felix the Cat stuff).
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I would like to buy some of Cookie's sock patterns this year.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am trying to learn dying and sock and sweater design this year.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe.
23. When is your birthday? 11-29.