Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oi! So behind and the bestest day in my world...

So I am at least a week out of date. Oh no make that two weeks! Where has time gone?! I have been under the weather with that nasty cold that is going around...it stays in your head and clings on for at least 2 weeks. Argh. I fought it off with Airborne for a week and finally succumbed. Caught it from my DH. Reminds me of all of the birthdays I spent as a child sick with the flu. Yes, every year. :P

Today is the bestest day in the world because it is my birthday! I can say this because I do not have any kids yet (and their birthdays would supercede mine), and I get presents! Yeeeeee!

So far, my knitting-related presents are:
- 3 books of Fair Isle Knitting (Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified, The Art of Fair Isle Knitting, Traditional Fair Isle Knitting)
- 1 Philosopher's Wool Kit: Tradition in Peacock Colorway (has not arrived yet)

My husband does go overboard, but he loves to spoil me. All of these books were recommended by Beth Walker, my fair isle instructor at Stitches, and so far I am really enjoying The Art of Fair Isle Knitting.

I have finished two pairs of fetching gloves. Haven't blocked them yet. One pair is for someone special....can you guess who you are?





Pattern: Fetching
Yarn: Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK, Color 1280
Source: Yarns Forever
Needle: Size 6 Bamboo DPNs

I changed the fetching pattern by adding an extra 5 rows and cable round at the finger tips, and an extra five rows at the thumb. I also did not do the picot bind off because I did not like how it really belled out from my fingers with the soft alpaca yarn. So I just did a plain bind off in pattern, ensuring to try to keep it a little tight so that the finished fabric would stay closer to the hand.


I have started on my mom's Christmas scarf, which is going to be just like the one I knit earlier for my MIL, except it will be in a different colorway. I will post pics later....time to go out for a Birthday Dinner!

No comments: