Friday, September 07, 2007

Here I am, Here I am

...back from vacation.

1. I have been home for < 12 hours and I have already caught a horrible chest cold from my neighbor. How is that for "Welcome home and don't you wish you were still on vacation?" All I can say is the Airborne is flowing.
2. So, I must confess, I did not get any knitting done, except for two rows on DH's sock. Yes, it felt better to sit and read or stare out at the scenery. Total mental shutdown. Plus, the temperatures don't really make me want to knit sock wool outdoors.
3. I could not resist the urge to buy some knitting books and yarn. I hope to update on that tomorrow, when I feel better. I can review some yarn stores for you. Yay! :)

I feel so bad. I will have to miss my friend's 75th birthday tomorrow. She is a Master Knitter and a nice lady. But I would rather not get everyone else sick.

Maybe I will go knit now. Make a big cup o' tea and try to rest some more. The 3 hour nap this afternoon did not make a dent in how tired I am.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

hi there! i like your blog and i see we are both fans of laurie over at crazyauntpurl! feel free to check out my blogginess. be forewarned- it's not always about knitting, and sometimes its downright vulgar! :)